I’ll post better pics, when the weather gets better.
The soil is most likely clay, very wet and heavy. I’ll need to replace that with good soil.
- slow growing tree (in nature about 10m high), leaves are long with a silvery belly, buds back, after cutting the branch dies back (noticed, but not sure about that)
- needs a lot of light, sunny, in winter not under 5-10°C (cold-house, light) – flowerbuds can be developed under optimal conditions (flowers are very fragrant)
- water: tap water, observe the plant, doesn’t like wet feet
- repotting: every 2-3 years, winter
- soil: (from bonsaipflege.ch): Akadama: universalsoil: Kiryu = 2:1:1
- wire: breaks easily, not easy, bigger branches can be pulled down
- style: mostly upright, forest, I’ve also seen a roots over rock