This is a Laurus my mom threw out, looked dead. I repotted and cut it back the dead parts. Now it’s budding back nicely, I’ll give it this year to do what it wants, to get strong and healthy.
- evergreen shrub (up to 3-5 m) from the Mediterranean area, so it needs a lighthouse for the winter. Keep temperature under 18°C and over 0°C in winter.
- watering: rain water (soft water)
- soil: acidic soil, with good drainage, doesn’t like wet feet
- bay laurel is evergreen, which means: don’t defoliate fully (the plant is not going to thank you, trust me, I’ve been there.)
- pruning: be careful, branches tend to die back, grows fast if well fed
- repotting every second year
Styled by Nuno
update: now it looks so good, mom wants her bay laurel back… I have to get another one.